Enjoy the finer things in life in one of the most affluent communities in the United States. Potomac, MD is a census-designated place (CDP) in Montgomery County that presents one of the most desirable living experiences any home buyer can find in the DC metro area.
Potomac is approximately 13 miles northwest of Washington, DC, easily accessible either via the Clara Barton Parkway or Massachusetts Avenue and River Road. This comfortable proximity and accessibility keeps the nation’s capital just a 30-minute drive away.
Long-time Potomac residents know, however, that you don’t need to leave this small-town locale to enjoy big-city conveniences. The heart of this community is Potomac Village, where upscale boutique stores and local businesses bring the local community to life.
Potomac is synonymous with prestige, ranking among the top 50 wealthiest places to live across the United States. For its 2018 list, Bloomberg ranked the CDP 46th out of the 100 richest places in America.
Potomac, MD real estate and property types
If you have an eye for an elegant mansion set upon a sprawling, acre-size estate, Potomac is the right place for you.
Potomac’s magnificent manor homes come in a variety of sizes and styles. You will be spoiled by the range of elegant brick Colonials, European-style chateaus, manors, and sprawling, resort-style contemporaries. Thanks to the expansive lots, generous views of landscaped gardens, golf courses, swimming pools, or nature preserves are a common bonus with Potomac luxury homes.
In this town, you are never lacking for living space. Among the multi-million dollar options you will find in this market are those that offer no less than 4 bedrooms, with 5 to 7-bedroom floor plans more common.
You can also expect high-end features and furnishings inside, such as:
- Gourmet chef’s kitchen with luxury finishes and designer appliances
- High ceilings
- Huge master bedrooms with walk-in closets and sitting rooms
- Spa-style master bathrooms
- Multiple guest suites and optional service quarters
- Expansive patios and/or elevated decks
- Libraries, private theaters, and exercise rooms
You can also find an excellent luxury condominium community here if you prefer utmost convenience to go with your modern living spaces. Read all about the popular Park Potomac condominiums.
Living in Potomac, MD
A treasure trove of exciting activities comes with buying a home in Potomac, MD. Here are some of the best-known attractions and destinations that you must check out:
- Falls Road Golf Course turned 150 acres of former farmland into an exceptional par-70 golf course where the scenic, rolling terrain adds excitement that experts and beginners alike will enjoy.
- From kayaks to bike trails, the Chesapeake and Ohio (C&O) Canal National Historical Park captures the spirit of adventure in one of the most scenic natural locations the DC metro area has to offer.
Heller Coley Reed makes buying luxury properties in Potomac, MD a breeze
Get in touch with Zelda Heller, Jamie Coley, and Leigh Reed today to get a strong head start in your luxury estate search in Potomac, MD. Contact us at 301.674.2829 or email your inquiries to hellercoleyreed(at)gmail(dotted)com.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.